Tuesday 24 September 2019

New Radio....

A new radio arrived at the QTH today, a brand new KX3....with all the bells and whistles.  I've wanted one of these radios for a good number of years, in fact ever since I saw Steve, WG0AT, try one out.  Actually, at the time Steve was trying out KX3 Serial Number 001.

I've heard it's the Rolls Royce of QRP radios, well, we will see this coming weekend when it gets taken out on it's first trip to the park.  I will post a report on how that goes.


It's back to reading the manual now....I don't want to break it on the first time to the park.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to enjoy this radio and the support that is behind it. The KX3 Nify manual is a nice addition to the rig as it adds a fast reference to options. I take it with me when I am out and about so I am not playing around in menus to find a function. Also KE7X (SK now) has a great book on the kX3 and also is sold on the Elecraft site.
    Have a great time with the rig.
    73,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete