Sunday 29 December 2019

Its over….for this year

I think this years RAC Winter Contest was the best in a number of years.....by far.   In the end I managed to work Coast to Coast to Coast, ending up with a respectable number of QSO's......far better than the last three years combined!!

As well I also managed DX QSO's with France, Slovenia, and Belgium, all on 20m, and all of them totally unexpected.  In the end I made contacts on 20m, 40m, 80m, and 160m.  Occasionally I checked both 10m and 15m, but I never heard a thing on them, not even  in the CW portion.

Propagation for the contest was: SFI=72, SN=0, A=13, and K=2.  I have heard other local ops tell me they had high noise on the bands that hindered their efforts, but I had none of that, the bands sounded good to me.

I even managed to work the ever elusive Bob, VA3QV, on 20m.  It's amazing where you find him 😁

Now I'm off to start making some long range plans for 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment