Monday 15 June 2020

80m - 10m EFHW Antenna...update

The new antenna has been up in the air for about 2 days now and I have had a chance to make a few QSO's on it, both local and DX.

So far contacts have been made to:

Mexico on 20m
Slovenia on 20m
Guadaloupe on 20m
North Carolina on 40m
Alabama on 10m
Ohio on 40m
Ontario on 40m and 80m.

Reports have all been very good.  I have explained it's a new antenna and asked for a true signal report, not a canned '59'.  So far I'm pretty pleased with it.

Of course the first 'true' test will be in a couple of weeks during Field Day.  I think I will give it a try out during that event, but I haven't decided what other antennas to put up for Field Day....no doubt it will be a last minute decision as usual 😎.

Would I recommend this antenna?  Yes, I think it's a good one, and I plan on keeping up in the trees to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment