Monday 14 June 2021

Lousy Propagation...

The bands have not been cooperating for the past couple of weeks.  They have been noisy, full of deep QSB, and not much fun to operate on.

I did two local POTA activations this past weekend, and only just managed to scrape the minimum of 10 stations for a successful activation on both occasions.  In fact, on Sunday I started early in the morning and with only 5 stations in the log hit a wall.  I had to pack up and hope the bands improved in the afternoon so I could come back and finish the activation.......it did.  I managed another 6 to squeak by.  That is the very first time I had to come back to finish.

Those of us that activate parks around Kingston have noticed that while we nearly all now use Hamsticks, there is very little difference between them and our other portable wire antennas.  The hamsticks are sure a lot easier to put up!

The map of my Saturday contacts.


My map of my Sunday contacts

Hopefully the bands will get better before Field Day rolls around two weekends from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment