Tuesday 7 September 2021

Bands are Improving...

Nice to see the bands getting better as the propagation improves.  We're perhaps not where we want to be, but we're definitely on the way!

Over the past few months all of my POTA activations have been done with Hamsticks, mounted to the roof of my van with a 5" mag-mount.  I have noticed that the roof of the van is starting to get scratched by the magnet, so I have had to do something about this.

I had a camera tripod that wasn't being used, and I have decided to try and use it to mount my Hamsticks.  The radials/counterpoises will be attached to the plate with alligator clips.

Here's some pictures of what I threw together:





I'll write a full report of how well.....or how not so well, it wrks after I have used it a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment