Friday 2 September 2022

The Bands Are Hopping...

What a great afternoon chasing POTA stations I had today.  Finally the propagation seemed to be good enough to make good contacts.  I managed to put 31 contacts in my log in 28 minutes.  That including having to switch Hamsticks from 40m to 20m.

The propagation was: SFI=116, SN=50, A Index=7, and the K Index=2.

It took my exactly 6 minutes to get the 10 qualifying contacts for the park I was in, in my log.  Just amazing after so many weeks of bad bands and lousy propagation. 

Here's todays contact map.  You can see the 40m ring of contacts and further out the 20m ring:



Unfortunately it doesn't look like this good patch of propagation will last.  Here's the outlook for the next few days:


It may be a quiet weekend on Ham Radio this weekend, but hopefully things will improve by next week.

Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment