Friday 21 October 2022

Bands Have Improved...

I did my first activation POTA in a week today, the weather was cool (+5C) and the sky was blue, so I thought "why not?".

So it was off to Lemoine Point after lunch, VE-5141 as it's known in the POTA World. The parking lot was nearly full with afternoon hikers and dog walkers using the trails. Anyway, I managed to tuck myself away in a corner and get on the air.

Today's operating position in the back of my van is shown on the left. My Kent Engineering Standard Morse Key got a good workout with several contacts down into the Southern States.  GA and FL seemed to have a pipeline to my location, as I worked several of them one after the other.

Todays propagation was good, SFI=116, SN=60, A Index=7, and the K Index=0. There was a bit of QSB on the signals, but not enough to worry about or make life difficult.

As usual I was using my KX3 and 20m and 40m Hamsticks.

No DX showed up today on the bands for me, and here's my QSO map for today:


Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment