Friday 27 December 2013

RAC Winter Contest

The 2013 RAC winter contest kicks off on the 28th of December, 0000Z and runs until 2400Z.  Most years I do not contest this one very seriously, but I'm going to give it a good try this year.  Hopefully I'll get the ever elusive VA3QV in the log this year !

I tested the ice covered antennas last night and managed a good QSO with Mark, SQ2GXO in Gdansk, Poland.  They seem to be working and tuning well on all bands.  Hopefully with the +1C heat wave we had today, even more ice will have been lost.

Hope to work you all on the bands tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Going to miss the contest this year with the ice storm here in Toronto I have been working 12 plus shift around the clock and the only thing you have to do when you get home eat and sleep and then back to work. Good luck and have fun and do post the results.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't work too hard Mike, and stay safe!!
      Bill

      Delete