Thursday 16 April 2015

QRP To The Field

Coming up on Saturday, April 25th, is this years edition of QRP to the Field.  I always enjoy this event although I don't always submit my results.

This is one of the very few QRP events that has a SSB category so the IC-703 will be getting another workout this month.  It's funny as I was talking about selling the radio but I find I'm using it more and more these days, so it's off the market.

The event also includes the use of local SOTA Summits......which we don't have in VE3 Land, but it's still a great excuse to head out and operate portable from you favourite park bench in some little park.

SSB Frequencies to use are: 3.985, 7.285, 14.285, 21.385, and 28.885.

This event runs from 0900 to 1800 EDT......hope to work you on the bands that day.....and that means you too QV !!





2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill!

    Don't forget the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt on the 2nd Sunday of August. We have a SSB category, too!

    73 de Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry, thanks for that info. I didn't realize the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt had a SSB category. I'll get it on the calendar now !!

      Delete