Wednesday 8 June 2016

Busy Weekend....

Coming up this weekend is the Rideau lakes Cycle Tour.  This year my club is providing communications from nine locations instead of our usual five, so we are spread quite thin this year.

As usual 2300 bicyclists will thunder down County Roads 10 and 11 from Ottawa and Perth to Kingston on Saturday, and return home to Ottawa on Sunday using the same routes.

The weather isn't looking too good for Saturday right now, but I'm hoping that will change over the next two days.....why not?.....the forecast has changed every day this week so far.

I've spent the past few days sorting out my portable VHF and UHF equipment for this activity.....now if I could just remember where I put the 2m/440 dual band antenna I'd be a happy camper..... It's amazing just how much equipment one of these events actually requires to make it a success.

Once this event is over it's then down to the final planning for Field Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment