Sunday 27 December 2020

Next Year...

In between POTA contacts today I decided to start my list, as I do every year, of what ham radio related activities I wanted to do in the new year.  

Well, I'm not sure about 2021, I don't think things will be back to normal.....or anywhere near normal.....until late next September.  I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see things play out.

So is it a waste of time making plans?  What do you guys think??  Some of my ham buddies here think it is.  Well, I don't think it hurts to dream, and you never know, things may get better far faster than people think it will.

I have a cross-country road trip all planned out, but that is really not going to happen, as much as I want to visit my brother in British Columbia, that trip is going to have to wait until at least 2022.  Instead I'm going to stick with local POTA, Islands, and Lighthouse activations for the foreseeable future.  They're pretty safe as I can do them by myself. 

There will be a multi-day, mini-DXpedition for POTA though, that's my only exception.  I have six POTA sites that I want to activate, and if the parks open (which I doubt they will) then I will make it happen.  

As you can see I'm not overly optimistic that things will be much better next year.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going with my gut on this one. 

Stay safe everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Never hurts at all to dream and if anything this pandemic has given hams a chance to use their imagination to enjoy the hobby.
    73,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete