Thursday 21 January 2021

What's Going On??...

It's been a few weeks since I updated this page.  Too be very honest, not much has been happening.  We're in the middle of the "Winter Doldrums" here in Eastern Canada, and while we have not yet seen the usual period of deep cold that we expect around this time, it's still been cold enough to keep us home....along with the Covid-19 stay at home orders we are under.

I have not been ignoring my radio.  In fact I have been busy honing my CW skills, and I'm pleased to tell you that today I completed my 25th CW QSO.  There's a long way to go yet, but I'm really enjoying it.

Hunting contacts for POTA from home has also been keeping me busy, and I recently received a certificate for completing 400 park contacts since September 2020.  Unfortunately going out to do park, island, or lighthouse activations will have to wait for a while longer.

Coming up on the 30th - 31st January is Winter Field Day.  I'm not sure how or where I will be taking part in this event, but I will be taking part.  Information and the Rules for Winter Field Day can be found HERE.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these trying times.

Winter Field Day - January 30 - 31.


No comments:

Post a Comment