Sunday 19 March 2023

Good Conditions...

I finally managed to get out and do another POTA activation yesterday, I needed to, it's been over a week since my last one, and it was time to escape from the house for a while.

The temperature was above zero....well, just...it was +1C.  The wind was pretty cold though, which certainly didn't help.

The propagation numbers were:  SFI=134, SN=23, A Index=7, and the K Index=2.  There was some QSB but not a lot, in fact it really didn't bother me at all.  

As usual in winter I used my KX3 and hamsticks for ease of set-up and yesterday was no different.  It was a slow day POTA wise, but I did hear many station taking part in the Russian DX Contest.  Be what it may, but I only managed to put 11 contacts in the log.  I did make contacts with DX stations in Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, and the Dominican Republic.  Not bad for 10w and a 10m Hamstick!!

Here's yesterday's contact map:


Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment