Monday 14 October 2024

A 10m Day - Part 2...

It was colder here today than it was yesterday, it was 6C (452F) when I was out in the park, with an icy cold hard wind blowing in across Lake Ontario.  Shades of things to come in the next few months.

As it was yesterday, 10m was filled with signals, so that was my band of choice again.

The propagation today was SFI=195, SN=127, A Index=5 and the K Index=1. My radio set-up was the same as yesterday, my KX3 at 10w, and a 10m hamstick on the roof of my truck. There was some quick deep fading, and I know I lost a few contacts as they disappeared before I could write down their callsigns.

It didn't take long for the DX to start rolling in. First up was Hiram XE1AQY, followed quickly by Ron PE1ISP, and Thiery F4IDN. After a couple of US stations the European DX flowed.  I worked PD4US, SK6QA, F5NZO, EA1DD, F6OYU, YL3BF, and G7SQW.  I also had a German station call me, DC1FLO, but he was portable /W4 in Florida.  

I ended the activation with 18 contacts in the log.  Not too bad I thought!

Here's today's contact map:


Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment