Sunday 7 August 2022

2022 Island QSO Party...

Coming up on the weekend of August 27/28, is this years edition of the W / VE Island QSO Party.   This will be the first time in two years the QSO Party will have been held....all because of Covid.

Those regular readers of my Blog will know that over the last two years POTA has become my "go-to" activity.  So doing the Island QSO Party will be a nice break from what has become my usual daily activity.

All islands in North America, both fresh and salt water, qualify for the QSO Party, so you should have no trouble finding one to activate.

Rules can be found HERE.

Frequencies I'll be using, +/- a few kc are:

7.250,  14.250 - 14.260,  and 50. 130.

Of course, the International Lighthouse Weekend is the weekend before this event, and I'm planning on activating a lighthouse as well this year...now if I could just find an island with a Lighthouse and a POTA number, life would be perfect!!

Stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment