Friday 26 August 2022

W/V Island QSO Party...

Tomorrow, August 27th, sees this years W/V Island QSO party.  The QSO party runs from 1200 UTC August 27, to 0300 UTC August 28.

If you wish to take part, the Canadian Island Number list is available HERE.

The Rules for the event can be found HERE.

Many Canadian Islands are also within Parks on the Air entities and can generate a good number of QSO's during the contest.

I'm planning an early start and will be heading up to Washburn Island, ON-289, which is about 25 km north of my QTH.  Washburn Island is fortunate to be also within the boundaries of two POTA entities, VE-0023 (Frontenac Biosphere), and VE-4882 (Rideau Canal National Historical Site), which I will also activate. 

I'm hoping the weather and the propagation both behave themselves, and allow me to have an excellent day out playing portable radio.

The bridge over the canal at Washburn Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment