Saturday 20 August 2022

Let's Go Activate...

Well, the propagation numbers were not very good today, as you can see from the posting below this one.  But....I've been in the house long enough and I thought I would see what I could do given the numbers we had.

It was hot and muggy here today with the outside temperature near 32C (89.6F), not the most comfortable weather.

The actual propagation numbers this morning while I was activating the park were:  SFI=105, SN=56, A Index=22, and the K Index=2.

It took an hour to get 14 contacts on 20m and 40m, but we got the job done.  Looking at the contact map I'm surprised that I got into half the places I did.  The very deep QSB didn't help matters at all either.



There were lot's of band police out this morning, all keeping guard on their own, private, frequencies, so that the daily nets held to discuss their medical issues wouldn't be interrupted.  Of course these nets wouldn't be actually happening for at least another 2 hours, but God forbid anyone uses the frequency for the next 30 minutes.

And then we had the whistlers, the tuner-uppers, and other associated LIDS out in full force this morning as well.  Made me realize that maybe I should only activate the parks Monday to Friday when the LIDS seem to be either sleeping or working.

Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment