Saturday 13 May 2023

Back Out In The Parks...

After 12 days of garbage propagation, today was finally a good day and I managed to pull off a successful POTA activation.  Not only was the propagation good, the weather was spectacular.  Of course something had to spoil the day, and I forgot my clipboard so it made writing my log a bit difficult.

The propagation numbers were:  SFI=149, SN=118, A Index=19, and the K Index=1.  There was quite a bit of QSB, but it was easy to work around it.  

Here's todays contact map:


While the contacts were not very spectacular, the idea that the bands were good enough to actually make contacts again was spectacular.

Nine of the contacts were made on 40m, and six were made on 20m.  I did try 15m but nobody answered my CQ's.  The radio was my KX3 with hamsticks.

I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow morning and doing it all over again.  Hopefully this time I'll get a few more contacts.

Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment