Wednesday 17 May 2023

Bands are definitely better...

I've done two POTA activations in the past two days, and while my contact numbers are still low right now, the bands do seem to be getting better.  I'm not seeing any trans-Atlantic traffic, but give it another week and they should start showing up.

Tuesday saw me at Parrott's Bay, VE-5142.  The propagations was: SFI=135, SN=94, A Index=6, and the K Index=1.  There was lots of deep QSB which played havoc for both ends of the conversation.   

Here's Tuesdays contact map:



Wednesday saw me at Lemoines Point, VE-5141.  The propagation numbers were: SFI=134, SN=92, A Index=8, and the K Index=1.  The QSB was still there, but not as bad as Tuesday.

Here's Wednesdays contact map:


There's not much difference between the two, which is good, as I used the KX3 set at 10 watts and Hamsticks for both activations.

Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment