Monday 1 May 2023

Not Much Improvement...

It was a rather mediocre time on the bands this morning, the affects of the last round of poor propagation was still being felt. Hopefully that will change over the next few days.

The propagation numbers were:  SFI=154, SN=79, A Index=10, and the K Index=1.

Weather wise it was wet, cold, and very windy, not at all what you would expect from there 1st May. It was, in fact, what my friends would call a "hot chocolate" type day.

Here's todays contact map:


All of my contacts, but one, were on 20m today.  Normally it is the other way around.  Along with poor propagation we also had some severe QSB, which certainly didn't help matters.  Radio was my KX3 and a 20m and 40m Hamstick.

It took nearly an hour to put 13 contacts in my log book, it normally never takes that long.  I'm hoping the bands improve and the good propagation returns soon.

Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment