Tuesday 1 March 2016

ARRL Int DX SSB Contest

Coming up this weekend is the ARRL International DX SSB Contest.  Thus kicks off at 0000 UTC on March 5th and runs till 2359 UTC on March 6th.

Rules can be found HERE.

Things are all set here at the QTH, the FT-950 is working perfectly and both antennas are working very well.  Given the amount of high winds we have had here this winter I'm surprised they're both up in the air!!

I'm just awaiting a leave pass from the "Honey-Do" list and I'll be all set!!   I always enjoy this contest as there is always lots of good DX to be had on just about every band.

Maybe I'll even here, and perhaps work, the ever elusive VA3QV this weekend.....


4 comments:

  1. Good luck in the contest and enjoy!
    73, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last weekend was my radio weekend Bill.... But I'll give a listen on 80m as see if I can hear you tonight and on Saturday night once we get home...

    Band will be crowded for a qrp ssb signal but I'll try

    73bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and find you on 80m...you need to find a better station manager ;-)

      73,
      Bill VE3CLQ

      Delete