Monday 7 March 2016

WSPR - Monday morning

I have a couple of hours to kill before a round of doctors appointments today, so I decided to WSPR for a while.  I really wanted to see if the propagation of the weekend was as good as it seemed.

Here's the screen capture from 1330 UTC, March 7th.  This was on 20m.


And that is my very first VK WSPR contact.  Ian, VK3AXF, live north-west of Melbourne.  So, it looks like the bands are still wide open.  

These contacts were done with at 500 Mw using the 80m OCF antenna up at 40 feet.

5 comments:

  1. Great, but on what frequency? 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas.....you can tell I was still sleeping when I wrote that...right? :-) It was on 20m.

      73,
      Bill

      Delete
  2. Bill that sure must had been a nice surprise to see your QRPp signal making it down under.
    73, Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Mike......there was a "little" happy dance done :-)

      73,
      Bill VE3CLQ

      Delete
  3. Hi Bill, also using the 80m ocf dipole @ 35'.
    73 Ian VK3AXF

    ReplyDelete