Thursday 22 March 2018

VE3FI and 60m

Just a general statement here:

I do not now, or in the past, have an antenna that will load up on 60m.  Today I received over 20 eQSL's from European stations looking for confirmation of QSO's last February.

If it was just one or two eQSL's I would write it off as honest screwups when entering the call sign in their logs......but 20+....Hmmmm!!

So, if you had a 60m QSO last February with a station using the VE3FI callsign, I can 100% guarantee that you where not talking to the real VE3FI.

Apparently Long John Silver lives !!

4 comments:

  1. I just checked Eqsl and no 60m ghost contacts for me.
    73,
    VE3WDM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your Loop tune up on 60m Mike ??

      Cheers & 73,
      Bill VE3FI

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Bill, nope not even close to 60m but was just wondering if I had any mystery QSO's from that band. I have in the past made the mistake of for some reason changing the band selection on the PC logging program and logging a QSO on a band I don't even have.
    73,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....done that as well !! I've also changed bands and forgot to change the logging program to show the switch.

      73,
      Bill

      Delete