Saturday 5 March 2022

A Day Playing Radio...


It was a rough day on the bands, the propagation numbers were not very good:  SFI=113, SN=77, A Index=10, and K Index=5.  So I figured it was a good morning to try and do some portable operating.  Of course, I forgot it was the ARRL DX Contest weekend.

The bands were full of contesters all screaming "CQ Contest", so it was off to 17m where the more saner operators had decided to hang out.

First up this morning was Bob, M0MJA, who gave me a nice signal report of '54'....not too bad for 10w into a 17m hamstick on my vans roof....and that was my last DX of the day.  I managed 7 contacts on 17m and then moved to 40m, which while busy, was still a comparatively sane place at that time of day.

Weather wise it was actually comfortable today, the temperature was hovering around 0C, but there was no wind at all.  Hopefully we'll start to get more days like that now that March is here.

Here's todays QSO Map:


Stay safe out there!

Slava Ukraini !!

No comments:

Post a Comment