Saturday 24 September 2022

Saturday on the Bands...

Fort Henry from todays "shack"
What a fantastic morning on the bands it was today!!   It was warm and we had blue skies, quite the change from yesterdays activation were it poured down the whole time I was on the radio.

I had 38 contacts in the log when I finished, including 8 park-2-parks.  Both 40m and 20m, while not looking too good on the forecast, actually performed very well.

The propagation numbers where:  SFI=146, SN=128, A Index=12, and the K Index=3.  

I was under the impression that the Fort was closed for the season, but judging by the full parking lot that isn't the case.  I managed to find a quiet spot near the Fort and set up with no hassle...a few strange looks, but no issues.

POTA activations at the Fort always do very well, regardless of the days propagation it seems.  I'm sure the height of the hill has something to do with it.  

Here's todays contact map:


Another view from todays "shack", looking over the 1000 Islands.

Stay Safe out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment