Sunday 24 July 2022

Great Day on the Bands...

I decided to finally get out and do a POTA activation today.  The bands have not been the best over the last couple of weeks so I have not been up to too much.  I read today that the experts are calling what has been going on a "Propagation Tsunami" of back-to-back CME's and Solar Storms.

Todays propagation numbers while I was activating were: SFI=111, SN=83, A Index=17, and the K Index=2.

I drove down to Lemoine Point, VE-5141, and in 26 minutes had 24 contacts in my log.  Contacts were made on both 20m and 40m.  

Here's todays QSO map:


Radio in use today was my KX3, set at 10 watts.  Antenna was either a 20m or 40m hamstick, both worked very well.

Hopefully the bands will now start to behave and settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment