Saturday 2 July 2022

2022 IARU HF Championship...

Coming up next weekend, is what should be one of the best DX contests of the year, the IARU HF Championships.  

Hopefully the propagation will improve from the garbage we have been having, the bands will work as they are supposed to, and we will actually make some contacts.  

The idea of the contest is to contact as many other amateurs, especially IARU member society HQ stations, around the world as possible using the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands......I doubt 10m will have much action over the weekend, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Dates for the event are from 1200 UTC 9th July to 1200 UTC on 10th July.

Rules for the event can be found HERE.

Good luck to everyone taking part!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes this is a nice compact contest and for some reason I missed it last year, I did not even click into the fact that it was on until it was too late. As for space weather I too hope for good conditions, in the Canada Day contest I found heavy QSB at my end. While calling CQ RAC those that came back to my CW call were ALL just above the noise floor and very much in and out. Oh well such is the game!
    73 and enjoy the IARU contest,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete