Thursday 11 August 2022

Buddipole Parts...

I haven't used my Buddipole system, except for the telescopic whips, for about 6 years now.  Most of the parts are scattered in various boxes around my garage.  This is because I found that it is easier to use my Wolf River Coil than set up the Buddipole system.

However, I was looking over the Buddipole website the other day and came across one of their new products, the "Versahub".  Immediately, I knew that this was the piece I needed to set up my second antenna for POTA activations.  It's so simple!  Along with the Versahub I also bought the collapsible legs that go with it.

My initial testing has been with my 17' telescopic whip antenna, set for 20m, and a single 17' elevated counterpoise.  So far so good, it definitely shows promise.  Next I plan to try my Hamsticks with it and see how they make out on it.  

Below are some pictures of myself, and Don VE3MNE, testing it out by comparing his 20m Hamstick to the 20m vertical.  I'm going to make more of the elevated counterpoise wires, and see what difference it makes if more than one is used at the same time.  



More to follow as testing continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment