Sunday 7 August 2022

Radio need Cooling?...

With the heat we have been having over the past few weeks I have noticed that my KX3 tends to get a bit warm at times, and of course the radio has no internal fan to aid in cooling...so I needed a solution.

I went looking for 4" or 2" computer cooling fans that I could rig up to help keep things cool, but nobody around my location stocks them.  

Just by chance I was in a Dollar Store two days ago and came across what was listed as a "personal fan", and it had possibilities.  So, ever the big spender, I coughed up the $3 and bought one.  It's turned out to be  absolutely perfect for the job, keeps the radio cool and I'm no longer worried about over-heating the KX3.

This item runs on two AA batteries:


So if you're looking for a cheap way of keeping your radio cool, have a look for one in your local Dollar Store.  They do the job.

Stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment