Tuesday 24 October 2023

15m Rocks!!

I decided at the last minute to do a POTA activation at Parrotts Bay Conservation Area this morning. After looking at the propagation forecast I thought it would be ok to give it a try, and I wasn't sorry I did.

While looking at the POTA Spots page I noticed that 15m was working well, so I decided to start there.  In the end I ended up with 21 contacts on 15m and another 3 on 40m.  It took 20 minutes to get the 24 contacts in my log.  

The propagation this morning was: SFI=122, SN=34, A Index=3, and the K Index=1.  As usual I used my KX3 at 10w, and the antenna was a 15m hamstick on the roof of my truck.

I was really shocked to get a Park-to-Park call from Florian, DK5FF in Northern Germany, and then a good solid S9 contact with Jose, EA1BUL in Northern Spain.  It was also nice to get Jerry, VE8GER back in the log again from Inuvik in Canada's Northwest Territories.  Jerry has hunkered down now for the long cold winter that happens in his part of the country.  It'll be a few months before he sees sunlight again. 

Overall it was a great QRP day!!

Here's today's contact map:


Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment