Wednesday 11 October 2023

Fall Activating....

It was a good day to be on 20m this morning, not so good if you were looking to get on 40m.  I understand that 17m, 15m, 12m, and 10m, were also very good, but I didn't have the time to check them out today.

Propagation today was: SFI=164, SN=133, A Index=4, and the K Index=1, with lots of QSB as well. Some stations just disappeared after giving their callsign....never to be heard again.

Today was the first time I've managed to get out to play radio in a week, and it felt good to get on the bands, even for a short time.

Radio, as usual, was my KX3 set at 10w, and the antenna was a 20m hamstick on the roof of the truck using a 5" mag-mount.

The weather is starting to get cool during the day, so I am making sure I can operate comfortably from the cab of the truck, especially for when the snow starts to fly.......which I'm sure won't be that long.

Here's todays contact map:


Stay Safe Out There....

No comments:

Post a Comment