Saturday 6 January 2024

Back on the Air...

It's been a long 3 weeks but I'm finally testing negative for covid.  I've had a headache and have been coughing for weeks, and while the headache has gone, the coughing remains...just as bad as it has been all this time.  However, it's nice to be able to taste food again and my sense of smell has also returned.  I guess I'll have a few more weeks from what I have read of the lingering effects....but I sure don't want to go through covid again.

Today I had had enough of sitting around the house, so I decided to go and do a POTA activation at Parrotts Bay, which is about 15 minutes from my home.  It has been a very cloudy day with temperatures hovering around -5C, in fact it's just started to snow.

This was my first activation in a month, and I must tell you all that with the covid brain fog that comes with having covid, it was a struggle to remember how to do things at times.....I managed to get through it.

Propagation today was: SFI=153, SN=128, A Index=5, and the K Index=0.  Radio was my KX3 set at 10w, antenna was a 15m hamstick on the roof of my truck.  I put 20 contacts in the log, all on 15m, and I'm happy with that.  By contact number 20 I was ready to go home and have a hot mug of tea, I find I still get tired very fast.

Hopefully I will be able to get out and do more POTA activations over the next week as my health slowly improves, it's good for my soul it seems.

Here's todays contact map:


Stay Safe and Well Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment