Friday 2 February 2024

Back to the Park...

I had a great time this morning at VE-5142, Parrotts Bay Conservation Area, here in Collins Bay, Ontario.  The weather was great, it was actually +2C, but the wind was still a bit raw - so you still had to wrap up to stay warm.

The propagation was good, although there was some pretty deep QSB.  SFI=137, SN=131, A Index=5, and the K Index=0. These numbers are supposed to stay fairly consistent over this coming weekend. Time will tell!

Once again I spent the whole activation on 15m, with my KX3 pumping out a magnificent 10w into a Hamstick mounted on the roof of my truck.  First up today was Danny ON4ON with a solid S7 signal.  He was followed by Juergen OE4JHW, and Etor F5VMN, both of these two stations were a good S9 to me.  It's always a bonus when you can work some good DX during a POTA activation, especially with QRP power.

Here's todays contact map:


Be Well, and Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment