Wednesday 7 February 2024

New Milestone...

Finished this off this morning.  I knew I was getting close, and have been trying to complete the 100 activations at Parrott's Bay, VE-5142, for over a week now - but life just gets in the way sometimes.

Propagation was excellent!!  SFI=190, SN=144, A Index=8, and the K Index=1.  There was some light QSB, but I didn't find it too bad.

I started off on 40m and managed to put only 8 contacts in the log before the QSO's just dried up.  As a result I moved to 15m and put another 23 in the log.  15m was in great shape, and I managed to get 6 European DX stations, EA1BUL, F4ILH, G4ELZ, EA4TL, IU1HJF, and DH4PSG.  I also put CO6QK in the log, this was the very first Cuban station I have worked doing POTA. 

Radio of the day was my KX3 at 10w, and the antenna was, as usual, a 15m hamstick on the roof of my truck on a 5" mag-mount.

I'm looking forward to doing this again at Lemoine Point, VE-5141, sometime in the next month or two.  I'm at 84 activations there, so only another 16 to go.

Here's todays contact map:


Be Well, and Stay Safe Out There!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow very nice results for 10 watts and yes the solar weather was great yesterday. I took part in the 1 hour CWops cw mini test and I too found 15m in great shape. I also made some nice contacts on 10m as well.
    73,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was back at it again today Mike. The bands were even better than yesterday. I'm hoping they stay as they are for the weekend!
    73,
    Bill VE3FI

    ReplyDelete