Yesterday, July 31st, I went up into the County and activated CA-0023, the Frontenac Biosphere Reserve. It's a fairly popular place to activate either POTA or VEFF due to its size, 2,700 sq km.
What I like about it is the fact that due to its size there are many, many, options to go to for an activation. You don't need to go to the same spot twice.
I decided to go and find a new spot to park and ended up where the K&P Trail crosses Scanlan Road....just don't block the farmers gate.
Propagation didn't look too bad, but the reality was it certainly was bad, and the QSB was extreme. The numbers were: SFI=152, SN=123, A Index=5 and the K Index=1. Stations seemed to be quite weak with very few strong stations making it in to the log. SSB was almost a waste of time, and most of my contacts were on CW.
Radio was the KX3, a the antennas was the 20m hamstick.
No DX was worked, but I did get good coverage across the USA, in fact more than I usually do.
Here's the contact map:
Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:
Post a Comment