The weather was so good here today I had to visit three parks before I could find an empty parking spot! I must confess that I'll be very happy after the Labour Day long weekend - when the little people go back to school and spend their weekends playing baseball, or soccer, instead of running wildly around the local parks screaming at the top of their lungs, All this while mom and dad keep their noses buried in their phones.
I ended up at CA-5141, Lemoine Point Conservation Area. It was a mess of screaming little kids. It was actually a relief to finish the activation and get out of there before my headache got any worse.
It took a little less than 45 minutes to put 18 contacts in the log. There was a great deal of QRM and QSB, and the bands were extremely noisy.
Radio was my KX3 set at 10w, with Hamsticks, and while all my contacts were made on 20m SSB or CW, I did try 40m, 17m, and 15m, with absolutely no luck at all. It was very surprising that 40m was as inactive as it was, normally it's a go to band.
Propagation was SFI=126, SN=77, A Index=8, and the K Index=1.
There will be no radio for the next 24 hours as we are expecting monsoon rains for that period.
Here's todays contact map:


No comments:
Post a Comment