It was a good day today, the days are cooler and definitely getting shorter. An excellent day to get out and play POTA.
The high today was 14C (57F), and the wind was gusting up to 50km (31 mph) an hour, which made putting up an antenna an interesting experience.
Propagation didn't look that good, yet the bands were excellent. Today's numbers were: SFI=114, SN=92, A Index=6, and the K Index=2.There was a small amount of QSB about but it didn't cause too many issues.
First up out of 29 stations today was Josh VE3YTX, with a P2P with CA-5359. Once again absolutely no DX was worked, although I did hear a EA1 calling me, but I couldn't get his whole call as he was so far into my noise floor, so unfortunately he didn't make it into my log.
Radio today was my KX3 set at 10w, and a 40m and 20m Hamstick as antennas. This pairing works so well for me I don't see a need to change it. Although, as we enter the time of diminished band conditions I might have to re-think the Hamsticks.
Here's todays contact map:

No comments:
Post a Comment