Friday 5 November 2021

Back At It...

It didn't look a good day to play radio today, this morning the propagation numbers were:  SFI=84, SN=28, A Index=69, and the K Index=3.  It was pretty noisy and there was lots of deep QRM.

By mid-afternoon the effect of the last CME on the propagation had started to settle down.....so it was off to play POTA.

It's a short drive from my house to Lemoine Point, VE-5141, and I set up the KX3 and 20m Hamstick upon arrival.  It took 27 minutes to get 25 contacts in the log, including EA1AF in Spain, W6KC in California, and K7SEN in Arizona.  I did not expect to make half the contacts I made, it was amazing the way they kept answering my QRZ.

I'm hoping that band conditions hold up all weekend so I can get a few more activations in.  I've done 87 activations so far this year, and my goal is to complete 100......13 to go!!

Here's a look at todays contact map....

No comments:

Post a Comment