Friday 19 November 2021

Great Morning on the Bands...

It was a cold morning here, just -1C when I left to activate the Frontenac Biosphere, VE-0023.  I didn't expect to have much of an activation, I know I'd get the ten required contacts, but I assumed it would be just the normal chasers.

How wrong I was.   The propagation this morning was SFI=78, SN=22, A Index=5, and the K Index=1.  The radio in use was my KX3, and I had a 20m hamstick on a mag-mount on the roof of my van.  This has been my normal setup for a few months now, and it never ceases to amaze me just how well the Hamsticks perform.  Today was no exception.

So with 10 screaming watts into the hamstick I worked Mike, CU3HY in the Azores, Jean, F4ILH in France, Rodolfo, I4RHP in Italy, and Bryan, KP4M in Puerto Rico.  I was just amazed as the DX stations called me, I never thought I would be doing cross-Atlantic contacts today.  It was just amazing.

Here's the contact map from today:


Looking forward to more of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment