Friday 12 November 2021

Good Results On The Bands...

The last two days I have taken the time to do a couple of POTA activations.....now there's a surprise.  But, I really felt the need yesterday, November 11th, to get out and operate as I really felt my Dad's presence.  He was a Signaller and a WW2 Veteran, and although he died 28 years ago, very rarely does a day go by when I don't think of him.  

Propagation wasn't too bad, SFI=87, SN=37, A Index=8, and the K Index=2.

I packed up the KX3 and Hamsticks and made a few successful calls using his, and now my call, VE7CVQ, and then spotted myself on the POTA app using my VE3FI call.  The results on 20m were an amazing 24 contacts in 19 minutes.  Here's the contact map below:


Today, Friday, I decided to go and operate after my morning walk.  I ended up at Lemoine Point and put 32 contacts in the log in 24 minutes, all on 40m with the KX3 and Hamsticks.

Propagation today was: SFI=84, SN=39, A Index=4, and the K Index=1.  Here's todays contact map:


Today was my 92nd POTA Activation this year (I'm shooting for 100) and I've put 2,632 POTA contacts in my log since January 1st.  Every time I do an activation I am constantly amazed just how well the KX3 and Hamsticks work together.  

It was a good couple of days, and I'm glad I got out to operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment