Tuesday 28 June 2022

Antenna Comparisons...

On June 19th I wrote on this blog that I would like to see what the QSO pattern difference was between my operating using 10w and hamsticks versus my using 5w and a 40m EFHW up at 33 feet.

The EFHW was set up as a sloper along the East to West axis.

One difference in this experiment is that I changed operating locations by 115 km (71 miles) to the west of my home QTH. Another difference is that I dropped the power from 10w to 5w so I was legal under the Field Day rules.

So was there a difference?  Well, not really.  If you look at the QSO maps I have published over the past few months in the articles below this one, and then have a look at my Field Day contact map shown below, you will see virtually no difference in the area my contacts are made in.

Here's my stations Field Day map:


To me this shows that the difference between a 40m EFHW and a properly tuned and set-up 40m hamstick is negligible.  

Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment