Saturday 5 November 2022

Bands are Improving...

As most of you will know, the propagation has not been the best over the past few days. So it was a pleasant surprise today to see the bands had improved somewhat.

Yesterday (Friday) I managed to pull off a POTA activation at Parrott's Bay, VE-5142.  I had deep QSB and found it very hard to hold a QSO without the other station disappearing totally. In the end I closed down after 27 minutes with 17 contacts in the log.  

The propagation numbers were: SFI=125, SN=82, A Index=26, and the K Index=3.

Oh yeah, after the activation I went and got my Extra Strength Flu shot for this year. So far other than a sore shoulder, I'm OK.

Today (Saturday) I decided to go to Lemoine Point, VE-5141, for another morning activation.  It was a great day, the temperature was +21C, and I was in shorts.....in November....in Canada!!!!!  While the QSB was bad, it wasn't as bad as yesterday. In fact I managed, after 40 minutes, to put 39 contacts in the log.  While I had no Trans-Atlantic DX, it was still a really good day.

Today, the propagation numbers were: SFI=118, SN=82, A Index=16, and the K Index=3.

As is usual for me I was using my KX3, set at 10w, and my 20m and 40m Hamsticks.

Here's todays contact map:


Stay Safe Out There!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment