Sunday 18 December 2022

More POTA...

Today was probably the last POTA activation before Christmas this year, things are starting to get busy around here.

It was a gloriously bright day, blue sky and a very balmy -3C, so I decided to go to Parrotts Bay VE-5142, which is not very far from my home QTH.  The first problem I had was when I arrived there, the parking lot had not been plowed out and there was over 2' of hard snow over it.  Once I got into the parking lot I was fine, but it touch and go at first.

Today's propagation was not too bad: SFI=155, SN=131, A Index=6 and the K Index=1.

It took me 26 minutes to put 32 contacts in the log, including one from Mike, CU3HY, in the Azores.

Here's today's contact map:



Todays rig was the KX3 at 10 watts, antennas were my 20m and 40m hamsticks.  

Stay Safe Out There!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested to see photos in a future post how you deploy hamsticks. Your getting some decent distances at low power. I’m finding my current setup not idea for high winds. Thank’s VE3WLX

    ReplyDelete