Saturday 31 December 2022

The 2022 Year End Wrap Up...

2022 leaves us in a few hours, and to be honest, it really wasn't that bad....it did fly by though.  There seems to be truth in the saying the the older you get the quicker time goes by.

Once again the family and I have been very lucky, none of us have been sick, and all of us have been able to get our shots and boosters on time with no issues.  Thankfully, all of my friends have also been lucky and escaped the covid plague.  Let's hope that this Covid mess is now behind us and we can start to get back to normal..

I have had an exceptional year with amateur radio, Starting on January 1st of this year I have made at least one QRP contact every day, and not a day has been missed.  In fact I have put 4000 QRP contacts in my log this year, and yes, I'm still hearing that "QRP doesn't work"........yeah, and I have still a unicorn for sale to the highest bidder.  As I did last year, all my POTA activations have been done with my KX3.

I have activated 180 parks in the POTA program, which is more than last year.  I wonder if I can keep that pace up in 2023?  

At the start of last year I was determined to get on the air using CW.  My Dad, VE7CVQ (SK) was a CW fanatic.  So.....I'm pretty pleased to tell you that this year I have made and completed 457 CW QSO's, and I'm really, really pleased with that.

Plans for next year...there are several POTA mini-DXpeditions planned to different parts of the province, as well as the long delayed trip out west to see family.  The western trip was supposed to happen two years ago, but obviously didn't happen.

I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year, and that you all stay safe.


1 comment:

  1. Well, here we are in 2023...first day, very much enjoy reading your blog and the adventures contained within. All the best in the new year and looking forward to what comes your way that you blog about.
    73,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete