Friday 9 December 2022

Back on the Air...

After eleven days off the air I finally felt well enough to get out and do a POTA activation.  The past week has been a blur of coughing, sneezing, and generally feeling chilled to the bone.....there were times I could not get warm at all.

Today was the second day that I woke up feeling better, so I decided to chance getting out the house and doing an activation.  I'm glad I did, the experience made me feel even better, and I feel that I'm well on the road to being my old self now.

Todays propagation was ok: SFI=143, SN=139, A Index=11, and the K Index=3.

I started on 40m but I  only made 4 contacts before the band dried up and a switched to 20m.  The pileup started after my second CQ call.  Fifteen minutes later, and another 25 contacts in the log I decided to go QRT.  I even managed to put Vicente EA2EZ in the log after I pulled him out of the pileup.

As usual I used my KX3 and a screaming 10w, and a 20m or 40m hamstick mounted on the an roof with a 5" mag-mount.

All in all it was a great day on the bands, and it was made even better by the fact I felt well enough to get outside and play radio.

Here's today's contact map:


Stay safe and healthy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice to read that your feeling much better and well enough to hit the outdoors and get on the radio.
    73,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Of course I'm still in trouble.......the XYL now has it.

      Delete