Sunday 22 January 2023

Great Propagation...

I had a few free minutes yesterday so I decided to run out and do a fast activation of Parrott's Bay, VE-5142, so I could at least take part in the Support Your Park winter event being held this weekend.

Weather wise it wan't a nice day.  The outside temperature was only -2C, but it was very damp out and the wind was pretty strong making it feel a lot colder.

It was great to see that for the first time in years both the SFI and the SN was above the 200 mark, almost ensuring a good day on the bands.  The days propagation numbers were: SFI=218, SN=204, A Index=6, and the K Index=2.

This weekend also has the NAQP SSB Contest taking place, lucky I got on the air, and completed the activation, before the wall of hungry contesters hit the airwaves.  

I ended up with 30 contacts in the log in 25 minutes, using both 10m and 15m. This was the first time I have activated on those bands, and I was very pleased with how it went.  As usual I used my KX3 at 10w, and 10m and 15m hamsticks.

Here's todays contact map:


Stay safe out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment