Monday 9 January 2023

2023 Plans...

As I did this time last year, I have started to think about making some radio plans for this year.  I think it’s safe enough to travel these days, as long as you play it safe around crowds…..which I don’t plan to be in or near.  Just like last year, my main plan this year is to simply survive without catching anything nasty!


So far this year, apart from a few cold days, we really have not had the bitter cold winter we normally get.  I’m sure this will change as we roll further into January and February, but for now I’m enjoying the heat wave of +2C.  I should mention that it hasn’t been cold, but it has been very damp which is worse in my book.

Given the current price of gas (petrol) here I really shouldn’t be making any long distance travel plans as the prices are expected to rise even further….a lot!  But, in the end it’s only money.  


So with this in mind I have resurrected some plans I made last year for a few POTA micro-DXpeditions.  At this point in time, I’m pretty certain my big trip out to the west coast isn’t going to happen (even though it’s planned down the last detail) so I will replace it with several short duration camping and radio trips.  


The first trip I have planned is down to Point Pelee in South-West Ontario, and return home along the lakes, activating the many POTA locations as I pass them.  That one will be a 5- day trip with each night at a different park.


The second one that I also had planned for last year, will be a trip to Penetanguishene and around the Georgian Bay POTA parks to Tobermory. That one will be a 4-day trip, and once again each night will be at a different park.


The "pre-pre-planning" for both Field Days, winter & summer, has already started, and plans are in the works for the W/VE Island QSO Party and the International Lighthouse Weekend both held in August.  Chillycon is also on my agenda for September.


Stay safe out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment