Friday, 4 September 2026

Are the bands Returning?...

It was off to the park today for another great morning of radio fun, after a week of absolutely crap weather and propagation. I was beginning to think we were already at the bottom of the cycle, instead of just starting our way to the bottom in a year or three.

Today's surprise contact was Thomas, SM3NRY, in Njurunda, Sweden. It's been awhile since I worked any European DX.

The band conditions were really not that good. Lots of deep QSB, and QRN. Stations just faded away as soon as they gave their callsign. It was not really a good day to be working QRP.

I worked mainly 20m and 40m SSB and CW. I was hoping to get a few contacts on 15m, but it never opened while I was on the air. 

Propagation this morning was: SFI=108, SN=37, A Index=6, and the K Index=1.

Just so people who work me know, as of this month I'm also uploading my logs to PARC and to CANParks, so check those sites for any hunter certificates you may earn working me.

Here's todays contact map:


Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment