Saturday 10 June 2023

A New Day...

Yesterday the band conditions were not very good, and I struggled to get the POTA site activated.  Today, operating at exactly the same time as yesterday, it was a bit different.

It took 42 minutes to put 23 contacts in my log, nine on 40m, four on 15m, and ten on 20m. I was really surprised when Charles, VA6CHK, answered my CQ on 15m.  It's been a long time since I worked any station from Alberta, that's almost as rare as Europe.  Charles was 2774 Km from me, not bad for 10w and a Hamstick!

Todays propagation numbers were:  SFI=164, SN=148, A Index=4, and the K Index=1.  The very deep QSB was a lot worse than yesterday, and I had a number of reports of my signal completely fading away in the middle of a QSO.

Here's todays contact map:


Hopefully band conditions will start to improve soon.

Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment