Wednesday 14 June 2023

Field Day is Coming!! ...

Get ready....coming up on June 24th & 25th is this years edition of Summer Field Day.  

I'm not a huge fan of the new rule changes that the ARRL has made over the past two (3?) years, in fact I think they are really ridiculous. So this year I'm taking part more on a social basis than a serious contesting basis.  And, as I did last year, I'll be operating QRP.

Don, VE3MNE, and myself have been invited down again by the Northumberland County QRP Club.  This is our second year taking part with them.  

We have plans this weekend to refurbish our collection of notch filters that we haven't used in the past 3 years.  I think they probably need a good looking over after sitting in my garage for that long.  The rest of the equipment I'll be taking, masts, antennas, and the camping gear, will also need a good inspection to make sure it is all serviceable for the weekend.

Rule for Field Day 2023 can be found HERE.


Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment